Question Swapped an old GTX 1060 6gb for a RTX 2060 6gb and now I have no display signal

Dec 16, 2020
Computer Build: Ryzen 5 3600 + ASUS Prime B450M Gaming + 32gb asgard 3200mhz memory + Atx 600w Real Gamer Super Silent Pc Bivolt Power Supply.

Hello, I have a problem with my computer and I would like to know if anyone has seen something like this. I was using a gtx 1060 6gb GPU for two years on my rig and last friday I finally changed it to a rtx 2060 gb that I bought. Once I finished the GPU swap and turned on the computer no display was shown on the monitor. All leds turn on, all coolers turn, the keyboard turns on, but no display. I will list what I have done to try to solve (unsuccessfully) the problem:

- Changed the mobo for an asrock b450 steel legend and the problem continues, turn on all the LEDs on the board, the coolers rotate, the keyboard lights up, but it still no display.

- Changed the GPU (I've tried 3 models: the old 1060gb 6gb, the new rtx 2060 and another 1060 6gb from another pc and nothing, still no display)

- PSU change (tried with a 600w Cougar VTC 600, 80 Plus that works on another computer in the house and nothing. (All the leds turn on, the coolers turn, the keyboard lights up, but still no image.)

- Tried with differents RAM sticks (corsair revenge, same memory and frequency) that were on another funcitoning PC

- Changing monitors and hdmi/dp/vga cables, still the same issue.

- I already turned on the computer without RAM, without hard drives, and the same thing keeps happening. (all the leds turn on, the coolers rotate, the keyboard lights up, but it still has no display.)

The only component that I could not swap to try was the CPU, but I can't see how a simple GPU swap could cause me so much trouble on my computer. If anyone could pitch in with some idea of what could I do I'll appreciate it.
aqukwCw.png
8essnzh.png

Dec 16, 2020
Hi BFRjoaoloco.

ASUS Prime B450M Gaming.

Did you update your BIOS to support the Ryzen 3600 CPU?

BIOS version 1201 is needed on that board minimum for that CPU to work.

yes, i already used this processor with the motherboard and a gtx 1060. the problem started after I switched from 1060 to rtx 2060.