Question Swapped Memory And Now No Video With New Or Old Memory

SteveWonda

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
I had a perfectly good working Ryzen 5 1600, RX 580 rig with a 3000 mhz 2x8 gb memory kit. A buddy had upgraded his pc and gave me a 3600 mhz 2x8 kit. I swapped them out but got black screen and message on monitor of no signal detected and it seemded like the fans were running faster than normal. I then put my old memory back in and same thing. Everything is connected correctly. I've swapped them many times now and even tried one stick in slot A2. Still nothing. Both kits are T Force Vulcans, identical other than the speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head (beyond the standard make sure all of the motherboard power connections are good) is that it did something with the BIOS settings. Kill power to the system and then pull the CMOS battery (you might even check the motherboard manual in case there's another way to reset) for a couple of minutes then put it back in and try powering up.

Reactions: SteveWonda

SteveWonda

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head (beyond the standard make sure all of the motherboard power connections are good) is that it did something with the BIOS settings. Kill power to the system and then pull the CMOS battery (you might even check the motherboard manual in case there's another way to reset) for a couple of minutes then put it back in and try powering up.
Thanks. I found another post with the same solution. It did work. The odd thing is this memory works in another pc we have here but not in this one and causes this problem. I tried again after confirming both sticks are functioning in the other one but same black screen and I have to remove CMOS battery to get it workinjg again with old memory kit.

Thanks. I found another post with the same solution. It did work. The odd thing is this memory works in another pc we have here but not in this one and causes this problem. I tried again after confirming both sticks are functioning in the other one but same black screen and I have to remove CMOS battery to get it workinjg again with old memory kit.
It's got to be something with your motherboard and how it deals with the memory timings. Did you try CMOS reset with the new sticks in? I'm not sure it'd work, but it'd be worth a try.

TRENDING THREADS