[SOLVED] Swapped out motherboard and CPU, having issues.

May 28, 2020
I recently changed out my mother board and CPU, and now the USB ports on the motherboard and case are very finicky.

Whenever I initially turn the PC on, the mouse and keyboard work fine. But if I try to plug something else in or unplug the mouse or keyboard and plug them back in, they do not work anymore.

Also, when I press the power button, the shutting down screen pulls up, the monitor turns off, but the computer, mouse, and keyboard stay on forcing me to hold the power button down until it shuts off.

Motherboard: MSI Z390 GAMING PLUS

CPU: i5-9600k

Solution
What did you change from?

If you changed chipsets, or really even from one manufacturer to a different one sadly you probably will need to reinstall Windows because of driver issues. Even uninstalling old mobo drivers leaves fragments behind that cause problems.

If you changed chipsets, or really even from one manufacturer to a different one sadly you probably will need to reinstall Windows because of driver issues. Even uninstalling old mobo drivers leaves fragments behind that cause problems.

Solution
May 28, 2020

I did switch from an ROG board, I will try reinstalling. Thank you so much