Question Swapped power supply now system wont post, please help

Aug 6, 2021
I recently upgraded my power supply and after plugging everything in and hitting the power button the fans spin and rgb lights up but it doesnt post. I have spent hours trying to get it working, i reseated everything, i checked that everything was plugged in, i tried the old psu and that didnt work any more, i cleared cmos but i still cannot get it to post.

Hardware
CPU: intel core i5 9600 kf
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060ti
Motheboard: gigabyte b365m ds3h wifi
Ram: corsair rgb pro
PSU: EVGA 700 br
Old PSU: corsair 600 vs

Aug 6, 2021
You did not reuse any cables from the old psu, did you?
The monitor is plugged into the gpu?

Do any POST code LEDs(cpu, ram, vga, boot) appear after powering the system on?
I used all new cables first then the old ones, it doesnt show any errors flashes

I think his old PSU Corsair VS is a budget model without any modular cables so I don't think using the wrong cables is the issue. Come to think of it the new PSU is also a budget model without modular cables. Oh no I think it does have modular cables, actually I'm not sure.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, both the VS600 and 700BR appear to be non-modular, so it shouldn't have been possible to mix and match... so what's going on here?
If all that was done was a psu change... OP said they re-seated everything...

By any chance, were you working on carpet while you were changing parts?

It's too bad the cpu is an F SKU, as it'd let troubleshooting go a little more smoothly.

Aug 6, 2021
UPDATE: i got a new board and tested allthe parts on it, the cpu died when i swapped psus, the i5 9600kf i was using didnt work but my i5 9400 did

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS