[SOLVED] Swapped power supply now system wont post, please help

Aug 6, 2021
I recently upgraded my power supply and after plugging everything in and hitting the power button the fans spin and rgb lights up but it doesnt post. I have spent hours trying to get it working, i reseated everything, i checked that everything was plugged in, i tried the old psu and that didnt work any more, i cleared cmos but i still cannot get it to post.

Hardware
CPU: intel core i5 9600 kf
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060ti
Motheboard: gigabyte b365m ds3h wifi
Ram: corsair rgb pro
PSU: EVGA 700 br
Old PSU: corsair 600 vs

Solution
Ok, both the VS600 and 700BR appear to be non-modular, so it shouldn't have been possible to mix and match... so what's going on here?
If all that was done was a psu change... OP said they re-seated everything...

By any chance, were you working on carpet while you were changing parts?

It's too bad the cpu is an F SKU, as it'd let troubleshooting go a little more smoothly.
I think his old PSU Corsair VS is a budget model without any modular cables so I don't think using the wrong cables is the issue. Come to think of it the new PSU is also a budget model without modular cables. Oh no I think it does have modular cables, actually I'm not sure.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, both the VS600 and 700BR appear to be non-modular, so it shouldn't have been possible to mix and match... so what's going on here?
If all that was done was a psu change... OP said they re-seated everything...

By any chance, were you working on carpet while you were changing parts?

It's too bad the cpu is an F SKU, as it'd let troubleshooting go a little more smoothly.

Solution
Aug 6, 2021
UPDATE: i got a new board and tested allthe parts on it, the cpu died when i swapped psus, the i5 9600kf i was using didnt work but my i5 9400 did