[SOLVED] Swapping a 1060 with a 1070 ti with a bit of coil whine for a good deal?

AFantasyHero

Honorable
Jul 5, 2017
I was trying to swap out my Msi Gaming X GTX 1060 6 GB with a Msi Gaming GTX 1070 ti from the same model for about 100 USD. (GTX 1080 is much more exp comparing to 1070 ti where I live...)
I was trying to be able to play 4K at 30 fps on a 4K TV or to be able to maintain 60 FPS@1080p on Ultra settings of graphically intense games like Red Dead Redemption 2.
The seller who I have found from a local forum says that the card has a bit of coil whine and has been used in mining for 3 months.
He looks like an honest guy and looks credible in the forume with many successful trades and reviews. He has showed me the temps and stats and they look normal. And he says that the backpanel has not been opened. The fans also seem quiet.
But the card has a bit of coil whine. He has sent me a video with the sound that comes from the GPU.

The seller says that the coil whine on the card is minor comparing to other cards...
He sent me a video of the sound. (The video is in Persian Langauge)

(He says that there is an AC in the background so ignore the AC noise from back there.)
I have never owned a card with coil whine so I was wondering if this is too much or just normal?
Can I use like sound dampening pads on PC Case to silence it if it bothers me?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS