[SOLVED] Swapping a hard drive into a new computer

atfspectre

Commendable
Mar 25, 2018
The hard drive that I want to move has all my files on it. I want to move it to a newer computer as a secondary drive. The problem is that the newer computer is running windows 10 on a SSD to boot and the hard drive that I want to move in already has windows 7 on it. I don't think this will be a problem but I wanted some advice to just make sure. If anyone has any ideas / needs more information, let me know. Thanks!

Solution
The hard drive that I want to move has all my files on it. I want to move it to a newer computer as a secondary drive. The problem is that the newer computer is running windows 10 on a SSD to boot and the hard drive that I want to move in already has windows 7 on it. I don't think this will be a problem but I wanted some advice to just make sure. If anyone has any ideas / needs more information, let me know. Thanks!
No problem, just make sure you set BIOS to BOOT from your SSD. You could also delete all the partitions from old drive (after you back up all personal files) so you don't waste space for W7 and programs installed in it.
No problem, just make sure you set BIOS to BOOT from your SSD. You could also delete all the partitions from old drive (after you back up all personal files) so you don't waste space for W7 and programs installed in it.

Solution