Swapping coils

Hi,

My buddy has a Bally Night Rider with a bad chime coil (it's a CG
29-1600), he also has a few spare parts from other machines,
Gottlieb\Williams\CC. His question is is there any way to find out
whether he can swap out a coil from one of his other machines, is there
a compatibility chart or something out there ??

Any help much appreciated.
regards
Paul

Bally and Wms both had the coil specs in the number printed on the coil, so
you can usually find a match, or close match, from comparing those. For
more info on this, see our site at: www.actionpinball.com - Game
Parts/Supplies section, Electronic Parts page.

Gottlieb used their own "house" part #'s printed on the coils which didn't
give any clues to the actual properties of the coil, so you never knew what
you were looking at when comparing to another Bally or Wms coil. Also,
Gottlieb and Bally games used a 50v line for coils in most of their EM
games, while Williams was 25v. So that may come into play in some cases.

At worst, you could take a resistance reading and probably find something
that closely matches your original and that may get you by.

Hope that helps!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC