[SOLVED] Swapping CPU's

This evening I'll be swapping out my 3400G to a 3600X, obviously everything has got to come out and will be giving everything a clean with a can of compressed gas. Any advice or 'take special care' info would be much appreciated. Both excited and near soiling myself at the same time ;)

Solution
Are you keeping the same cooler? If yes you will need something to clean off the old paste and some new paste.

When you try to take of the cooler do not just pull it. Twist it gentle from side to side to break the bond of the thermal paste. If you just pull it hard you risk pulling the cpu out the socket with it. I don’t want to make this sound difficult, it really is easy if you take your time. Just don’t use too much force when removing the cooler.
Are you keeping the same cooler? If yes you will need something to clean off the old paste and some new paste.

When you try to take of the cooler do not just pull it. Twist it gentle from side to side to break the bond of the thermal paste. If you just pull it hard you risk pulling the cpu out the socket with it. I don’t want to make this sound difficult, it really is easy if you take your time. Just don’t use too much force when removing the cooler.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution