[SOLVED] Swapping Motherboards, uninstall drivers?

Dec 23, 2020
So I’m about to swap out my Prebuilt motherboard for an ASUS B550-f board, and was wondering if I have to uninstall and completely wipe my nvme and hard drive?

or can I boot up the new motherboard like normal, and will it give me the option to wipe drives and do a full re-install of windows?

or is there anything else I can/should do?

Solution
What if my windows license is linked/connected to my Microsoft account?
Might work.
Win 10 licenses are generally transferable.
A prebuilt system like from HP is one of the few instances where it might not work.

After the new install, see what happens.

USAFRet

Titan
So I’m about to swap out my Prebuilt motherboard for an ASUS B550-f board, and was wondering if I have to uninstall and completely wipe my nvme and hard drive?

or can I boot up the new motherboard like normal, and will it give me the option to wipe drives and do a full re-install of windows?

or is there anything else I can/should do?
What is the original system specs?
What OS?

You'll likely need to do a full OS reinstall.
It will probably fail to boot up at all.

Not simply "uninstall drivers", and the full install happens when you boot from a valid Windows install USB.

Dec 23, 2020
What is the original system specs?
What OS?

You'll likely need to do a full OS reinstall.
It will probably fail to boot up at all.

Not simply "uninstall drivers", and the full install happens when you boot from a valid Windows install USB.
Nvidia 2060 RTX
Ryzen 7 5800x
G.skill RipJaws 16GB 3200mhz
Cooler Master 500W bronze
Seagate 1TB harddrive
250gb nvme
Moria3 HP Omen Motherboard

Windows

Dec 23, 2020
Might work.
Win 10 licenses are generally transferable.
A prebuilt system like from HP is one of the few instances where it might not work.

After the new install, see what happens.
Just to confirm, I’d need to wipe my harddrive and nvme drive before switching them to the new motherboard correct?

USAFRet

Titan
Just to confirm, I’d need to wipe my harddrive and nvme drive before switching them to the new motherboard correct?
No.
During the fresh install, that is when you delete whatever is on the current drive.
And, you do this install with ONLY the one drive connected.

Reconnect others after it is all up and running.

Read through that How To link a time or two. All the steps and info in there exists for a reason.

Dec 23, 2020
No.
During the fresh install, that is when you delete whatever is on the current drive.
And, you do this install with ONLY the one drive connected.

Reconnect others after it is all up and running.

Read through that How To link a time or two. All the steps and info in there exists for a reason.
Ohhh alright thank you, it’s just I’ve been getting some mixed info from here and Reddit