Question Swapping RAM.

Nov 10, 2019
My laptop has:

Samsung M471B5173EB0-YK0, 4GB RAM DDR3, 1600Mhz SO-DIMM 1.35V

My CPU is:
Intel Pentium N4200 which supports DDR3L/LPDDR3.

So this means i can just buy one thats DDR3/DDR3L, 1600Mhz, SO-DIMM, 1.35V?

I found 2.
Kingston KVR16SL11/8 (this ones cheaper)
Kingston HX316LS9IB/8

Whats their difference exactly? Can i just buy one of them and have no problem? I will only be buying RAM once so i wanna make sure i get it right.

Ralston18

Titan
Compare the full specs of both Kinston modules side by side. Find out how they differ and that may explain the price difference.

Make and model laptop?

First learn what memory modules and what memory module configurations are supported by the laptop.

That information may be available in the laptop's User Guide/Manual, Service Manual, or perhaps found on line via the laptop manufacturer's website or via memory vendors such as Kingston, Crucial, PNY, etc..

You do need to look closely at the laptop for version number - may make a difference with respect to the applicable RAM.

Details matter. Find a consensus regarding the RAM module(s) that are accepted by the motherboard.

Nov 10, 2019
Laptop doesnt allow for configuration, thats why im getting a similar one. They are identical to the one that my laptop has but they are 8gbs. The 2 i found has small differences which i dont understand and thats why im asking here.

Nov 16, 2019
The Kingston KVR16SL11/8 Cl timings are 11 where the HX316LS9IB/8 is CL9 that is faster. The KVR is value memory where the HX is high performance. You need to go here https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/desktop-laptop/myprepaidcenter login
To find compatible memory for your laptop, ALL DDR3 MEMORY IS NOT THE SAME!

They are identical to the one that my laptop has but they are 8gbs. The 2 i found has small differences which i dont understand and thats why im asking here.