Swapping windows 7 professional OS on laptop with Windows 7 Home premium OS on desktop

antoniusteja

Distinguished
May 6, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am planning to swap my laptop with desktop operating system.

My laptop currently is installed with windows 7 professional while my desktop is installed with windows 7 home.

I learned that we can insert more than 16GB ram capacity into the system that is installed with windows 7 professional.

Hence, I would like to try and swap out the operating system in order for me to install more ram capacity.

Currently my desktop only has 8GB of ram and I would like to install 32GB ram in my desktop.

However, my concern is that is it possible to swap operating system as we liked it between laptop and desktop?

Is there any possibilities that the operating system that has been installed in the laptop and desktop are different or might not work at all?

Hope to hear any advice or recommendation.

Please help...

Solution
Why don't you wait to upgrade to Windows 10 on the desktop and not have to do the OS swap, like your considering doing? I think I read that even the basic Windows 10, FOR FREE, (64 bit version of course) will have a limit of 128 gb's, whereas your currently limited to 16 gb's with Windows 7 Home Premium.
Why don't you wait to upgrade to Windows 10 on the desktop and not have to do the OS swap, like your considering doing? I think I read that even the basic Windows 10, FOR FREE, (64 bit version of course) will have a limit of 128 gb's, whereas your currently limited to 16 gb's with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Solution