Swiftech Announces H220: Semi-Custom Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I see this being much more popular with the enthusiast crowds than the Asetek and CoolIT solutions that are all over the market right now. This offers the flexibility that those lack as well as a pump that is not laughable.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
This is definitely a product I've been looking forward to. Their demo at CES had this in its stock configuration beating both Thermaltake's Water 2.0 and Corsair's H100i by 2-5 degrees while running at its lowest fan and pump settings on 3770K's at 4.6GHz.

To show the modularity, they added 2 more dual-fan radiators, upped the CPU to an overclocked 3930K, and added a pair of 7970's with waterblocks. The whole system stayed under 60C while playing benchmarks and games. It really is a powerful little pump and the flexibility to add more radiators and waterblocks to fit your needs is an amazing feature for AiO coolers.

crysex

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
The radiator is not over kill. The fans do not shine or UV reactive. The hoses are not UV active as well as the fluid inside. There are no fancy fittings on it. The pump/CPU block doesn't look cool. Not interested. Sorry.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]crysex[/nom]The radiator is not over kill. The fans do not shine or UV reactive. The hoses are not UV active as well as the fluid inside. There are no fancy fittings on it. The pump/CPU block doesn't look cool. Not interested. Sorry.[/citation]

Radiator: Add another block

Fans/hoses: Paint it yourself.

Now if you're mocking the folks that build their own WC loop, do keep in mind that the current closed loop coolers are often times outmatched by big air coolers in performance-per-price. And no current closed loop cooler can come close to a $500+ custom WC loop in performance.

[citation][nom]crysex[/nom]The radiator is not over kill. The fans do not shine or UV reactive. The hoses are not UV active as well as the fluid inside. There are no fancy fittings on it. The pump/CPU block doesn't look cool. Not interested. Sorry.[/citation]
the unit has a modified Switftech apogee drive waterblock, coper radiator, good fans and an extremely powerful pump, and being modular, if you wanted more pumping power, you can add another pump if you wanted. At 139, this is a solid price. if one wanted UV tubing, go buy some, the unit allows you to change it off. No oem will make their mainstream unit UV, as UV is a preference and will sell less units compared to the original.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I don't know about closed loop coolers such as this. I much prefer my custom configurations. Straight up Swiftec and DangerDen. (RIP DD) I have my i7 980x OCed to 4.7, and my pair of 5970s overclocked. Highest temps I have ever seen is 47 degrees C. 2 x 120mm fans, Apogee water-block,MCP655 pump, MCRES Micro R2 reservoir. And I have all the equipment inside my case. I hate external watercoolers. Looks hokey if you ask me. But then, I do love playing with my Dremel tool! ;0) Although I wouldn't mind those fans. They look nice.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]WithoutWeakness[/nom]This is definitely a product I've been looking forward to. Their demo at CES had this in its stock configuration beating both Thermaltake's Water 2.0 and Corsair's H100i by 2-5 degrees while running at its lowest fan and pump settings on 3770K's at 4.6GHz.To show the modularity, they added 2 more dual-fan radiators, upped the CPU to an overclocked 3930K, and added a pair of 7970's with waterblocks. The whole system stayed under 60C while playing benchmarks and games. It really is a powerful little pump and the flexibility to add more radiators and waterblocks to fit your needs is an amazing feature for AiO coolers.[/citation]

replaced H80 corsair stock fans with more of the COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120mm i have in the storm scout case it is in. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103091
Air Flow 69.69 CFM Noise Level 19 dBA Maximum Air Pressure 2.94 mm H2O
the 2 i have on the radiator in push pull rarely spin up to full speed and the push fan rarely does more than pulse unless i am maxing the system for more than a few minutes.

the side panel fan of the same runs at a set 30% with another scythe slipstream 120mmx10mm SY1212SL12M 1,600 rpm 28.89 dBA 38.05 CFM for sli graphics cooling help due to lack of space over the old air cooling tower and now the H80 radiator so i kept it despite it being the greatest noise generator of the entire system until the nvidia 570's fans throttle up.
over all it's still quieter than having a fan next to my desk and i am not worried about the weight and micro vibration stress placed on the MB from an air cooler. i do like the thermaltake frio and coolermaster V6 i still replace their fans with ones that have more static pressure and better CFM and lower DBA than the stock garbage they come with.

it seems most cpu coolers are always bundled with excessively loud garbage fans you can replace with much better air moving and quieter fans

Status
Not open for further replies.