Swiftech's New H220-X is Patent Troll Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcaninox

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Well if there will be compatibility issues if i decide to use PUSH-AND-PULL this is definitely a deal breaker, Swiftech above all should know this, they must be desperate to release a freakenstein like this.

If it outperforms my h100i and looks good while doing it, I'll buy it.
Given Swiftech's experience and usage of copper core radiators; I would expect this to outperform the H100i at lower noise levels and to be truly expandable to cover GPU's or add additional radiators as needed.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this in retail and reviewed.
It looks to me that there would be no issues mounting this unit vertically so long as the reservoir stays to the bottom of the unit; any disruptive air in the system would naturally gather at the top of the radiator and should not effect the pump at all.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Perfect timing, I was just contemplating a new X99 build in near future. Was either going to go for H110 or Kraken X60 but I think this new H220-X will perform better, Quieter and look the part.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Well if there will be compatibility issues if i decide to use PUSH-AND-PULL this is definitely a deal breaker, Swiftech above all should know this, they must be desperate to release a freakenstein like this.

It has been proven that using a push and pull setup barely helps cooling at all vs a pull setup. most results show only a few degrees at best which is minimal considering your doubling the fan space.

so their product is still good regardless of whether it can or cant have a push/pull setup.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
How in the world could Asetek patent something like this in the first place? Radiator, pump, hoses, block, sounds like a basic design for ANY kind of refrigeration or liquid cooling systems that you find in every day products like cars and freezers.

Damn patent office. Grrr...

Lutfij

Titan
Asetek took Swiftech to court for infringement on a patent. Apparently the "pump on a block" idea was Aseteks to begin with that's what Gabe mentioned and is the reason why the res and pump are now located with the rad.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
For a thinner radiator, a pull only config is far better than a push-pull. While a push-pull config will have better initial performance, radiators clog very quickly, and even with a thin layer dust, you can increase your temperatures enough to negate the benefit of the additional fans.

With a pull only config, you have far easier access to clean the radiator, and with a right angle vacuum cleaner hose attachment, you can easily clean the radiator within a few seconds. This makes it easier for you to regularly clean the radiator and thus maintain a lower long term temperatures.

Push-pull is only needed if you are using a very thick radiator.

Neospiral

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
I am very interested in this guy. I want Swiftech to stick around so Corsair and Coolermaster and NZXT actually have a product to compete with on the AIO market. Hook this baby up with a couple of NF-F12's in pull and the red LED one will go great with my setup :)

Status
Not open for further replies.