[SOLVED] Switch a build to a new case

Jun 28, 2019
Hello! I am looking to seek advice about moving my Dell Aurora R9 to a new and more appealing case. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice. I know Dell can be odd with parts and design certain parts for their cases. I’m looking for recommendations on what new items I should buy IF I did transfer to a new case. I have a good feeling I will need to buy a new motherboard and power supply. I am also unsure of the current motherboards size. Do not know if it’s is ATX or MATX

Currently the build contains -
CPU-I7-9700K (AIO cooler)
GTX 2080S GPU (Air cooler)
1tb HDD and PCIE SSD
16GB ram ( unknown of the brand atm. Not home)

Solution
It's MATX.
If you try to move it to a different case, you will have problems with front panel connector.
Your aurora uses proprietary type connector - not compatible with front panel connectors on standard cases.

GUID-EDA5E293-09B2-4FEC-AAA9-45608C2C2306-low.jpg
Thanks for the response! I am assuming I will need to buy a new PSU from the information?
Jun 28, 2019
It's MATX.
If you try to move it to a different case, you will have problems with front panel connector.
Your aurora uses proprietary type connector - not compatible with front panel connectors on standard cases.

GUID-EDA5E293-09B2-4FEC-AAA9-45608C2C2306-low.jpg
Thanks for the response! I am assuming I will need to buy a new PSU from the information?

Solution
Jun 28, 2019
I wouldn't attempt to move a Dell system into a new case. You will not get things to work without a lot of extra effort. Better to just get a newer motherboard and move over the cpu, ram, etc.
Thanks. I was already planning on doing this but a second opinion reinforces my idea :)