Switch back to nvidia?

Jul 5, 2018
Hello everyone,

I recently got a decently priced Asus Strix Vega 64 as i have a 144hz Freesync monitor. Its my first AMD gpu.

But ive been reading on Nvidia Gameworks and AMD's rather bleak future in the gpu industry due to Nvidias shady practices. Is it worth it to stick to the vega? Does anybody miss gameworks and other Nvidia's pros?

Thanks!

Solution
I never used nvidia gameworks nor the shadowplay. I rarley even use control panel.
Amd has some good options, but I think vega isnt kinda for gaming at 1080p but 1440p from what Ive read. I might be right, I might be wrong
Only thing that I hated about amd is the constant crashing with my R7250, chrome opened, amd drivers crashed... Youtube, only it didnt in games, but as Ive googled a lot it seems like 2D clocks were set low , soo I fixed it, this is only issue that I had with amd.
I never used nvidia gameworks nor the shadowplay. I rarley even use control panel.
Amd has some good options, but I think vega isnt kinda for gaming at 1080p but 1440p from what Ive read. I might be right, I might be wrong
Only thing that I hated about amd is the constant crashing with my R7250, chrome opened, amd drivers crashed... Youtube, only it didnt in games, but as Ive googled a lot it seems like 2D clocks were set low , soo I fixed it, this is only issue that I had with amd.

Solution
I'd stick with the Vega. There is really nothing wrong with it. FreeSync is definitely here to stay, and the benefit of it is very often underplayed.

AMD is not going to die, nor are they going to exit production of GPUs. If your fear is lack of future support for your card, don't worry. AMD is still releasing monthly drivers for cards from 2012. They are not going to disappear either. Remember that Intel is using Vega chips, the consoles use AMD...

I'd argue even that it's better to not support nVidia, because it will limit their ability to use the tactics they are using now, if they keep losing market share.

Oh to add, I really hate nvidia of 3 reasons,
1. No bios mod?
2. Silent gpu release like ddr4.
3. 1050,1050ti,1060 3GB, 6GB, 1070,ti??,1080 and ti? Also 1060 5GB in China and 1050 3GB??
Really looooong gpu line.

Amd is only lacking support from game developers, as for instance of R9? Not sure if its R9, it took 2 years if im right.

Im going now for Rx 580 8GB after i sell 1050ti.

that's not the case at all. if anything it is AMD that tend to ignore game developer. most of the time they only put their focus and promoting triple A games (because of coverage). others? not so much. war thunder dev said that the best respond they got from AMD was interaction from twitter. no initiatives from AMD to engage them more closely just because the game that they working on is not some big games like battlefield and the likes.

both company actually do this to each other for years. just that between the two AMD being more loud when something bad happen to them. since you already have the card then just keep it. just hope it does not become another Fury X

When talking about AMD and nvidia we really need someone that can discuss them without bias. AdoredTV while tried to look neutral his bias towards AMD is very clear. Being anti competitive for example is not limited to nvidia only. AMD also did it the past. Only that when AMD did it such thing did not get a lot of buzz compared to when nvidia did it. Part of it because when AMD did it nvidia in general did not attack openly.

Well, if anyone wants both sides, the articles at Techspot shed light on this. And even though both are involved, the degree of nVidia's is a lot worse. Not to mention nVidia's current track record within the last 2-3 years compared to AMD's is miles apart. But whatever. It is well-known that nVidia gets a free pass from the majority no matter what they do.

Things AMD needs to fix:
https://www.techspot.com/article/1652-things-amd-needs-to-fix/

Things nVidia needs to fix:
https://www.techspot.com/article/1653-things-nvidia-needs-to-fix/e