Question switch front or back audio with a software

Feb 11, 2021
Hi everyone

I have a asrock B450M Pro4 Motherboard, I pluged x3 jack cables from the back of pc to my 5.1 sound amplifier, I managed to make it work with 6.0.9038.1 Realtek HD driver version. When I plug my headphone to the front of the computer, the sound is muted to sound amplifier, evrything works fine.
That's all, I just wanted to share...

Kiding... I want to know if there a way to choose beetween front (headphone) or back (5.1) without having to plug/unpluged my headphone each time... my computer is noit easily reachable.

When I installed windows 10 for the first time, before updating driver with latest realtek, I could swith and choose beetween front and back audio directly from sound icon in the taskbar, the only problem was I couldn't have 5.1 to the back, only stereo...

Do you have a software solution for me?

Thanks for reading...

Feb 11, 2021
With the driver installed by windows 10, "microsoft 10.0.19041.264":

• at the rear: stereo only on the green jack port with all the channels grouped together on the stereo (voices, background noise etc.), impossible to select anything other than stereo in the system configuration
  • at the front, when I plug in the headphones, I have the stereo with all the channels grouped together on the stereo (voices, background noise, etc.)
  • in the "sounds" configuration panel there is the choice between speakers and headphones, in the quick menu of the taskbar as well
  • I have 1 jack port displayed in the "connectors" section of speaker properties and 1 port jack for the properties of the headset

With Driver Realtek_Audio (v9038.1_UAD_WHQL_RTK) available on the asrock site:
  • At the rear I have 5.1 on the 3 jack ports, with all channels. - at the front stereo with all the channels grouped together on the stereo (voices, background noise etc.)
  • in the "sounds" control panel there is more choice, only speaker is available in the quick menu of the taskbar too
  • I have 2 jack ports displayed in the "connectors" section of speaker properties

With Driver Realtek_Audio (v9079.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic) recovered by drivercloud.com:
  • at the rear: the sound is broadcast in 5.1 on the 3 jack ports, with all channels - when I plug my headphones into the front stereo with only background noise, voices are missing - in the "sounds" control panel there is more choice, only speaker is available in the quick menu of the taskbar too
  • I have 3 jack ports displayed in the "connectors" section of speaker properties

Of course I would like to be able to have, my jacks to 5.1, and my jack to the front headphones that are always connected, and that I can change the output used by the taskbar, or elsewhere, but not having to unplug / re-plug the headphones every time.
And also the well separated channels for the rear output and the stereo with all the channels grouped together for the front.

Ralston18

Titan
There are TRRS switches available but you will need to carefully map out plugs and ports, to ensure that you obtain the applicable switch.

Also, you can use a audio male-female extension cables 3.5mm (1/8") to run a connection from a back port to a more convenient location.

Again you will need to match the plugs and ports. Be aware of gender - you may need an adapter or two depending on the overall requirements.

Just FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

Sketch out the desired connections end to end and include all devices, ports, plugs, cables.

Feb 11, 2021
Thanks for your answer, It could be a solution but I would prefer have the motherboard to work the way it is intended to be. Eventually if nothing works I will do it...

Feb 11, 2021
I had zero answer from asrock ...
I found a way to deal with it :

Realtek Driver 6.0.9079.1 , trough the rear, the sound is 5.1 on the 3 jack ports, with all channels.
I can have the earphone plugged at the same time into the front, I only have background noises, voices are missing, I can lower the sound directlky from my 5.1 system or headphone.
The only problem unsolved, is that I have to set the configuration to stereo each time I want to watch a movie with 5.1 channels with my headphone.

Not completly solved, it's not ideal, but I'll do with it.

TRENDING THREADS