Question Switch Pro Controller bluetooth issue

Jul 28, 2019
So I bought an official Switch Pro Controller to replace my old 360 controller, and when plugged in via USB it works fine - I get the Windows 10 noise, it lights up, Steam and Windows 10 pick it up and I can use it perfectly fine.

However, if I connect it to Bluetooth, it'll pick it up as a Pro Controller, make the Windows 10 sound, appear as a game controller in device manager, but neither Windows 10 or Steam will pick it up, and the lights on the bottom keep flashing back and forth. It's connected, but not being treated as a controller by anything.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this a common issue?

So I bought an official Switch Pro Controller to replace my old 360 controller, and when plugged in via USB it works fine - I get the Windows 10 noise, it lights up, Steam and Windows 10 pick it up and I can use it perfectly fine.

However, if I connect it to Bluetooth, it'll pick it up as a Pro Controller, make the Windows 10 sound, appear as a game controller in device manager, but neither Windows 10 or Steam will pick it up, and the lights on the bottom keep flashing back and forth. It's connected, but not being treated as a controller by anything.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this a common issue?
Maybe it's just not supported via bluetooth. Tbh confided as to why you bought a switch controller for PC. it doesn't have analogue triggers

Jul 28, 2019
Maybe it's just not supported via bluetooth. Tbh confided as to why you bought a switch controller for PC. it doesn't have analogue triggers
I've seen my friend get it to work like normal through bluetooth though, so it's not impossible, and he didn't even do anything special other than connect it through bluetooth.

And I wanted gyro aim in a controller but didn't want to use a Dualshock, since Xbox doesn't support it I decided to use a Pro Controller.

I've seen my friend get it to work like normal through bluetooth though, so it's not impossible, and he didn't even do anything special other than connect it through bluetooth.

And I wanted gyro aim in a controller but didn't want to use a Dualshock, since Xbox doesn't support it I decided to use a Pro Controller.
What the hell would you use gyro aim for?
You got all your drivers and windows updated?

Jul 28, 2019
To aim with in games that are more comfortable to use a controller for generally. Think games that have cars but also a focus on aiming, singleplayer stuff.

Windows update today and I can't find any drivers that need updating - device manager isn't picking up anything for bluetooth or game controllers

Jul 28, 2019
I found the issue with it and have now fixed it - leaving my solution here in case it helps someone else.

There's a step you need to take if you're uninstalled BetterJoyForCemu's drivers - if you look at their github page it's the first item under "Problems" on the main page.