[SOLVED] Switch problem

worker0

Prominent
Dec 14, 2018
Heloo
I buy very cheap Phion NF-E-RA-APP probabbly Barracuda networks switch and it is wery strange. They have 2 GB of ram and intel DC E5300 inside. together with 4 sata ports. I connected 1st port to mikrotik router and 2nd port to my laptop. It say identifying and never identify network. Can someone help or tell at least more about this switch, I need them only to switch, i dont need network analysis and shaping things etc. Thanks

Solution
Your likely better off just buying a $20 10/100/1000 switch.

From memory phion was some kind of firewall device. It likely must be configured since the ports can run in so many modes.

It depends on the device but many firewall will not perform as fast as a simple switch. They pass all the traffic through all the fancy software. A switch uses very simplistic hardware to do its function and can run with no delays at all. The firewall may or may not have this hardware.
Your likely better off just buying a $20 10/100/1000 switch.

From memory phion was some kind of firewall device. It likely must be configured since the ports can run in so many modes.

It depends on the device but many firewall will not perform as fast as a simple switch. They pass all the traffic through all the fancy software. A switch uses very simplistic hardware to do its function and can run with no delays at all. The firewall may or may not have this hardware.

Reactions: RealBeast
Solution