Question Switch psu on/off simultaneously?

Johnf08

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Hi guys
I'm in the middle of building my first PC, and at the moment im testing my case fans before I put everything in the case. I noticed while i was doing this that when i switched the psu off and then back on again about 30 seconds later the fans or psu wouldn't switch back on until I switched if off and let it sit for a solid 2 or 3 minutes before switching it on. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is normal or if I have picked up a faulty psu? For your information it's a phanteks revolt x 1200W psu that I'm using and its simply got the 24 pin connector bridged, with a sata cable connected up to a fan hub with 6 fans coming from it, if that makes any difference. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
John

Your post is a week old now but only just seen it.

It's perfectly normal --- when a PSU is switched off, residual power remains in the capacitors and has to dissipate before the PSU will operate.
Alternatively, you can purge that residual power manually by pressing the PC power button for around 10 seconds with the PSU switched off.

Reactions: Johnf08