[SOLVED] switch radiator fans

Elad333k

Commendable
May 15, 2019
hello
i have 240mm radiator mounted on top h100x its got 2 sp series fans none rgb i want to move it to front of the due to cpu overheat but it will looks ugly on my case corsair icue 465X i have 3 rgb fans LL120 series on front that come as a pack with this case my question is if swaping fans from the front panel to the radiator will impact thermals? does this front panel fans are good for radiators?
or im thinking to get 1 more Corsair ML120 PRO RGB LED 120MM PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation because i have one of this on the rear and put them om the radiator which fans are better for the radiator?

Solution
You need to take the info you got from this thread, and combine it with the following points:
A)https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-views-ryzen-5000-cpu-temperatures-up-to-95c-as-typical-and-by-design/
B)CoD: Cold War runs AVX Instructions. AVX is faster than the standard SSE Instruction set at the same frequencies, but at higher power and voltage demands = more heat.

Temps might not change, but if nothing else, you may get higher boost clocks out of it.

does this front panel fans are good for radiators?
The 1500rpm version of the LL120 is NOT a good radiator fan. The 2200rpm version is though.

im thinking to get 1 more Corsair ML120 PRO RGB LED 120MM PWM
Same deal as the LL120 quote above, but there are 1600 and...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You need to take the info you got from this thread, and combine it with the following points:
A)https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-views-ryzen-5000-cpu-temperatures-up-to-95c-as-typical-and-by-design/
B)CoD: Cold War runs AVX Instructions. AVX is faster than the standard SSE Instruction set at the same frequencies, but at higher power and voltage demands = more heat.

Temps might not change, but if nothing else, you may get higher boost clocks out of it.

does this front panel fans are good for radiators?
The 1500rpm version of the LL120 is NOT a good radiator fan. The 2200rpm version is though.

im thinking to get 1 more Corsair ML120 PRO RGB LED 120MM PWM
Same deal as the LL120 quote above, but there are 1600 and 2400rpm variants of the ML120 Pro.

A suggestion if you want to try to mount the radiator in the front anyway:
-radiator in the front.
-radiator fans mounted BEHIND the radiator to pull air through it and into the chassis.
-take the 3 LL120s and mount 2 at the top and the last one in the rear. All 3 as exhaust, obviously.

Solution