Switchable Graphics ABILITY GONE! HELP PLEASE (and other problems)

Rombat

Reputable
May 28, 2014
So basically I have Sager NP9170 laptop with a 7970m and a intel 4000 graphics card (win 7 64 bit). Recently I tried updating my graphics card to 14.4 from the AMD drivers, I'm fairly certain i did it correctly i pressed install new drivers and it said successfully done. I restarted my computer, and then when i went to device manager, both my Graphics cards had a little yellow triangle with a exclamation mark (error code 43). And they were not usable, also i lost my ability to configure switchable graphs. Whenever i right click the desktop screen only the ccc shows up. To get rid of the exclamation marks, I went into the device manager and updated my 7970m and that seemed to fix it. But I still don't have my switchable graphics ability still!! Please help! On top of that it would be nice if someone could show me why my gpu isnt updating... Thank you for your help.

Thanks,
Chance

Solution
That should of done it honestly. You could try reinstalling Windows, or again trying an older driver. Chances are that new driver has issues and using an older driver will fix everything.
Hello. The best thing I can think for you to do is to uninstall the AMD graphics driversnd all AMD software and then reinstall it. That might just fix everything. Sometimes graphics drivers just don't go so smoothly. It happens to everyone and by every company. So try the reinstall, and if that doesn't work go to an older version of the graphics driver. The drivers do have performance updates but usually they aren't huge, just a little bit here and there.So you don't really lose a lot to use the old driver for a while.