[SOLVED] Switched boot to SSD, updates now failing

Apr 3, 2019
Hello, I have recently gotten a WD Blue 500 GB SSD and installed Windows 7 professional on it. Before, I was booting from a 1 TB HDD, which I still have installed.

Every time I shut down, Windows attempts updates, but they fail when I boot the computer back up.

I've looked around and found solutions to similar problems, but none have worked for me so far.

Specs:
Motherboard - MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Graphics - MSI GeForce GTX 1060
Processor - intel Core i5-4460
HDD - Seagate 1TB
SSD - WD Blue 500GB

Thanks

Hello, I have recently gotten a WD Blue 500 GB SSD and installed Windows 7 professional on it. Before, I was booting from a 1 TB HDD, which I still have installed.

Every time I shut down, Windows attempts updates, but they fail when I boot the computer back up.

I've looked around and found solutions to similar problems, but none have worked for me so far.

Specs:
Motherboard - MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Graphics - MSI GeForce GTX 1060
Processor - intel Core i5-4460
HDD - Seagate 1TB
SSD - WD Blue 500GB

Thanks

Would help if you listed what you tried already so we are not repeating things

D

Deleted member 14196

did you try this?
  1. Download the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and then select Open or Save in the pop-up window.
    Notes
    • If the pop-up doesn’t come up, you might have a pop-up blocker on. If you’re using Microsoft Edge, instructions for disabling the pop-up blocker are here. For Internet Explorer, instructions are here. If you are using a different browser or separate pop-up blocker, check the website of the browser or blocker’s manufacturer.
    • If you select Save, you need to go to the folder where the troubleshooter is downloaded to after the download is complete, and then double-click the WindowsUpdate.diagcab file to run the troubleshooter.
  2. Select Next and follow the steps in the wizard to find and fix problems with Windows Update .