Question Switched Cases and Now My PC Won’t Post

Dec 6, 2019
Hello all Happy Holidays!

The last 24 hours has been a nightmare and I’m hoping that you can help. I swapped my pc to another case and it won’t post.

Asus b350m-a
Ryzen 3700x
Gtx 1080 ftw
2400 DDR4 Ram

My pc was running fine flawlessly before the switch I have done just about every trouble shooting imaginable such as:

Removed Ram and Reseated
Removed HD and everything but bare necessities
Checked all cables to make sure they were pushed in
Reset the CMOS
Blew on it
Yelled at it
Took CPU out and reseated

There is an orange light that is constantly on as well I don’t know if this means anything. The CPU doesn’t even get hot at all. All the lights and everything come on. My suspicion is somehow I fried the mobo. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Picture of Light on Board

Dec 6, 2019
I would also like to add the gpu fan spins for 2 seconds like a stutter then stops then spins again. Caps lock on keyboard does not turn on with or without gpu so no signal to that either but the rgb lights do come on.

Hello all Happy Holidays!

The last 24 hours has been a nightmare and I’m hoping that you can help. I swapped my pc to another case and it won’t post.

Asus b350m-a
Ryzen 3700x
Gtx 1080 ftw
2400 DDR4 Ram

My pc was running fine flawlessly before the switch I have done just about every trouble shooting imaginable such as:

Removed Ram and Reseated
Removed HD and everything but bare necessities
Checked all cables to make sure they were pushed in
Reset the CMOS
Blew on it
Yelled at it
Took CPU out and reseated

There is an orange light that is constantly on as well I don’t know if this means anything. The CPU doesn’t even get hot at all. All the lights and everything come on. My suspicion is somehow I fried the mobo. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Picture of Light on Board

Dec 6, 2019
Furthermore sorry everyone I’m bad at gathering my thoughts I have also removed the computer from the case and it is currently on cardboard but no difference.

TRENDING THREADS