[SOLVED] Switched cases, now nothing comes on ?

Apr 4, 2022
I have jumped my psu and it will cut on the LED of the chassis fans . Once I plug everything in , and verified it’s all plugged in and snug , I press power button and nothing at all happens .

• I have verified my 4 pin is in
  • My main power to mobo is in
  • My ram is installed
  • I have removed cmos battery for a bit
  • I wouldn’t make a bet on my coms wiring but I have tried every orientation and still nothing

Solution
You jumped the pwr+ and pwr- pins on the motherboard using a screwdriver? With the CPU, memory, CPU cooler, 24 pin ATX and 4 pin EPS power from the power supply all connected?

Was this with or without the graphics card installed in the board?

If you had the CPU and memory installed, CPU cooler plugged into the motherboard CPU_FAN header, 24 and 4 pin connectors plugged in, video cable plugged into the motherboard and graphics card removed and you got nothing then either something wasn't installed correctly (Like, CPU if that was removed from the socket, maybe bent pins etc. or memory not properly seated etc.) or the motherboard or power supply are done.

It is probably worth going through the following checklist two or three times...
Unplug all the wiring coming from the front panel to the motherboard and then do this. If it works, then you have something plugged in wrong coming from the front panel. If it doesn't, then you either have a power or hardware issue.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2011-jumping-a-motherboard-without-power-switch-button

What are your FULL hardware specifications including all model numbers for CPU, motherboard, power supply, memory, drives, etc?

Apr 4, 2022
Unplug all the wiring coming from the front panel to the motherboard and then do this. If it works, then you have something plugged in wrong coming from the front panel. If it doesn't, then you either have a power or hardware issue.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2011-jumping-a-motherboard-without-power-switch-button

What are your FULL hardware specifications including all model numbers for CPU, motherboard, power supply, memory, drives, etc?

I have unplugged my front panel usb —> mobo and the pwr switch, HDD led, and power led . Turned the switch to power supply and nothing happens

Apr 4, 2022

asrock b450m hdv
athlon 3000g
Corsair 16gb 3200 ram
Gtx 1060 3gb
500w thermaltake smart psu

Apr 4, 2022
Remove the gpu and unplug all disk/disc.......any diff?
None ,I had all unplugged except bare minimum for mobo

I get no beeps, no idles lights , no sounds , nothing

but I can jump pin 4&5 on my 20 pin from psu and the lights on chassis come on . Makes no sense to me whatsoever , at minimum those same lights should come on once it’s connected to mobo

So, it's also totally possible that your board does not have BIOS version P3.2, which is required for that Athlon 3000g to be supported. So you may need to find a 1st or 2nd Gen Ryzen CPU to flash the BIOS to version P3.2 or newer in order to use that CPU.

I'm assuming this is a new build for you? Does the motherboard box happen to list the BIOS version it came with on it?

Apr 4, 2022
So, it's also totally possible that your board does not have BIOS version P3.2, which is required for that Athlon 3000g to be supported. So you may need to find a 1st or 2nd Gen Ryzen CPU to flash the BIOS to version P3.2 or newer in order to use that CPU.

I'm assuming this is a new build for you? Does the motherboard box happen to list the BIOS version it came with on it?
No this build was working fine for a year just in another case

WhatLuck150

Prominent
Mar 19, 2022
Not too sure if this is the case or not, but it isn't unlikely for a PSU to fail between the transition to the new case, have you tried another known good PSU, with just the bare min cables(only EPS and 24 pin) and bridging the 2 cables on the mobo?

Apr 4, 2022
Tried it , nothing . Tried a different psu that also would jump and cut on, nothing .

You jumped the pwr+ and pwr- pins on the motherboard using a screwdriver? With the CPU, memory, CPU cooler, 24 pin ATX and 4 pin EPS power from the power supply all connected?

Was this with or without the graphics card installed in the board?

If you had the CPU and memory installed, CPU cooler plugged into the motherboard CPU_FAN header, 24 and 4 pin connectors plugged in, video cable plugged into the motherboard and graphics card removed and you got nothing then either something wasn't installed correctly (Like, CPU if that was removed from the socket, maybe bent pins etc. or memory not properly seated etc.) or the motherboard or power supply are done.

It is probably worth going through the following checklist two or three times, very carefully, just to make sure you have not overlooked ANYTHING at all. And I mean it when I say no drives connected, graphics card removed and only one stick of memory installed in the B1 slot. If nothing, try moving it to the A1 slot.

Solution