[SOLVED] Switched from intel to amd

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
So I recently bought r5 1600 over my old i5 2500k I built the pc with the New componente but the monitor is saying "no signal" I tried to unplug and plug the cables back to remove the GPU and put it back Switch the ram slot check the power and signal cable and same results "no signal " I have enough power (700W) the GPU is working tested it already but nothing
Pls help I really don't know what to do
Oh I for got I remove the cmos and put it back

Solution
Means you and i have been beat. You've pretty much tried everything and obviously aren't silly so it could be a faulty motherboard or cpu.

Id take it to a pc service centre for them to test things.

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
What adapter? Can you post picture of it?
Your monitor has only analogue DSUB input. RX 560 has only digital outputs. Adapter has to be of active type. Simple passive adapter will not work.
I have an adapter from DVI-D to vga
But I don't think that is the problem . I have been using this adapter since I bought the GPU (about 1 year ago)

I have an adapter from DVI-D to vga
Can you show picture of it?
Is it like this one?

31bHvdI5ILL.jpg

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Head down to your local shops when ya can, they don't cost much. Or maybe borrow one from a friend whom might have a console. Would want to check the adapter is working and not driving you nuts.

In the meantime see these troubleshooting steps

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
Head down to your local shops when ya can, they don't cost much. Or maybe borrow one from a friend whom might have a console. Would want to check the adapter is working and not driving you nuts.

In the meantime see these troubleshooting steps

The adapter work I tested it with another monitor (already said that )
Now I need to see If i find any solutions in there

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What happens inside the case when you press the power button?

Do all fans spin from psu, cpu and gpu?

Are there any led debug codes lit on the motherboard?

Which ram slots are you using? Count how many slots from cpu the memory are placed. Ie; 2nd and 4th slot for dual channel.

Have you checked for bent cpu pins? Double checked the cpu fan cable is connected to the cpu_fan connector on the motherboard? Motherboards can prevent full operation if the cpu_fan header isn't connected because it assumes there's no cooler and doesn't power up the cpu to prevent overheating.

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
What happens inside the case when you press the power button?

Do all fans spin from psu, cpu and gpu?

Are there any led debug codes lit on the motherboard?

Which ram slots are you using? Count how many slots from cpu the memory are placed. Ie; 2nd and 4th slot for dual channel.

Have you checked for bent cpu pins? Double checked the cpu fan cable is connected to the cpu_fan connector on the motherboard? Motherboards can prevent full operation if the cpu_fan header isn't connected because it assumes there's no cooler and doesn't power up the cpu to prevent overheating.
Every fan is spining
My mobo doesn't have led debug codes
No bent pins on the CPU
The cooler is connected where It needs

boju

Titan
Ambassador
To clarify, the cooler fan is connected to the connector close to the ram slot at the very top?

Doesn't appear to be led debug module but do have a 4 pin header for a test speaker. Perhaps try a pc power on self test (post) speaker in search for beep codes.

Might need to take the computer to a store to have it looked at to determine if something is faulty

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
To clarify, the cooler fan is connected to the connector close to the ram slot at the very top?

Doesn't appear to be led debug module but do have a 4 pin header for a test speaker. Perhaps try a pc power on self test (post) speaker in search for beep codes.

Might need to take the computer to a store to have it looked at to determine if something is faulty
Yes the CPU fan is connected there
I plug în the system speaker from the case but there are no beep codes
The case speaker was tested on the old motherboard and it works