[SOLVED] Switched from intel to amd

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
So I recently bought r5 1600 over my old i5 2500k I built the pc with the New componente but the monitor is saying "no signal" I tried to unplug and plug the cables back to remove the GPU and put it back Switch the ram slot check the power and signal cable and same results "no signal " I have enough power (700W) the GPU is working tested it already but nothing
Pls help I really don't know what to do
Oh I for got I remove the cmos and put it back

Solution
Means you and i have been beat. You've pretty much tried everything and obviously aren't silly so it could be a faulty motherboard or cpu.

Id take it to a pc service centre for them to test things.
:)) today I will take it to my father cousin that work at a pc service to see what is the problem
Before you do that, a few things :

Provided you've plugged a buzzer on your motherboard, you should hear a series of beep during the initial Power On Self Test - a single short beep means successful POST, anything else means a problem.

Keep in mind these early Ryzen systems with early BIOSes took a HUGE amount of time on first boot (threw me for a loop too) - once powered on, give it at least a couple minutes (up to 5) to actually try and power on the graphics card and show something on screen.

Once you've gone past this hurdle, FLASH THE BIOS - subsequent boots will be much, MUCH faster.

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
Before you do that, a few things :

Provided you've plugged a buzzer on your motherboard, you should hear a series of beep during the initial Power On Self Test - a single short beep means successful POST, anything else means a problem.

Keep in mind these early Ryzen systems with early BIOSes took a HUGE amount of time on first boot (threw me for a loop too) - once powered on, give it at least a couple minutes (up to 5) to actually try and power on the graphics card and show something on screen.

Once you've gone past this hurdle, FLASH THE BIOS - subsequent boots will be much, MUCH faster.
Took around 30 minutes of blind run before I turned it of