[SOLVED] Switched from NVidia to AMD and got the black screen

Mar 5, 2022
I just got a new ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card am getting the black screen, no signal detected. Full specs are:

Processor: Ryzen 7
MOBO: MSI Gaming B350
BIOS: 7/8/2019
RAM: 32g
Old GPU: EVGA NVidia 1060 ti
New GPU: ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850

I have attempted to delete the nvidia driver via ddu in safe mode, shutting down, and installing the new GPU, but it still is not detected. I then took out that GPU and replaced the old one and it turns on just fine (and then it installed the NVidia GPU again). I tried to install the radeon drive but it didn't work (no surprise there).

I am unable to use the other PCI slot because the GPU is too large to sit in the slot without nudging some other ports.

Any suggestions would be amazing!

Edit: Forgot to mention that the gpu turns on when the pc boots.

Solution
means it's not UEFI
i have seen another mention UEFI compatibility but have NEVER run into a card, out the 50 or so i've dealt with just over the last few years, ever require this or even mention it in their product description or installation info.

if you have some definite proof with manufacturer product information stating that UEFI is a requirement then please share it here.
or it is just a theory until it can be proven.

even if it is an actual requirement any modern board should come with UEFI as default and Legacy would have to selected manually in the BIOS.

it has becoming fairly more common for users to get DOA graphics cards and other components as time goes by due to cheaper manufacturing and lacking quality...
new ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card am getting the black screen
try the RX in another system with a ≥800w power supply and see if it outputs video there.

if still nothing;
either contact the retailer for a refund or replacement or contact the manufacturer for an RMA.
if recently purchased, going through the retailer is probably a better option.
manufacturer RMA will likely result in a refurbished/re-certified model being sent to you.

means it's not UEFI
i have seen another mention UEFI compatibility but have NEVER run into a card, out the 50 or so i've dealt with just over the last few years, ever require this or even mention it in their product description or installation info.

if you have some definite proof with manufacturer product information stating that UEFI is a requirement then please share it here.
or it is just a theory until it can be proven.

even if it is an actual requirement any modern board should come with UEFI as default and Legacy would have to selected manually in the BIOS.

it has becoming fairly more common for users to get DOA graphics cards and other components as time goes by due to cheaper manufacturing and lacking quality approval.
i would consider this the issue until anything further can be proven.

Solution