Switched my monitor via hdmi now sound isnt working

west1985

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
Recently switched my monitors. An HP Envy 24 to a Samsung S27D390. The audio through the HDMI was working fine on the HP and I get no audio on the Samsung. I am still using the HP as a second monitor but it is now connected via VGA. I've checked settings, drivers, connections and still nothing. Im thinking its something simple but its just eluding me. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Try checking to see if the graphics card is set as your default audio output.

--> In the system notification area --> Right click the speaker icon --> Select Playback devices from the context menu.

--> Sound dialogue box -->On your NVIDIA graphics device --> Left click the HD audio device --> Click the Set Default button. This instructs Windows to send all sound output to that device first.

Test that out and see if it makes a difference.

west1985

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015

Yep tried that and still nothing. When I test the audio it shows no problems, usually it would say no audio detected, but in this case it doesnt.

Did some digging and found this forum. Apparently it has been solved, you might want to give this a try: http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/129829-no-sound-via-hdmi-asus-monitor.html