[SOLVED] Switched Ryzen 3700x , Computer will only boot with 1 stick of RAM. Need help

Aug 9, 2019
Bought a ryzen 3700x , x570 gaming x motherboard , and 8x2 ddr4 ram set (ballistix sport) . I installed it all and it would turn on normally but would not display anything. After messing with it for a long time I got it to boot , but would only do so if the first ram stick was installed in the a1 slot , even though the board says it should have a2 and b2 filled first. The second ram stick can not be installed at all , or swapped in place of a1, or it will not boot. The casing for the memory says "1.35v" but a second problem I have is the motherboard will not save settings. So I can enter the extreme memory profile to switch the voltage from 1.20v to 1.35, but it will not save after restarting , even using the save and exit feature. On top of all of this , even though it can boot to the desktop , it still powers on normally , but will take 2 or 3 minutes to display the bios screen and go from there (this could possibly just be easily fixed by changing quick boot option in the bios from disabled to enabled , or switching the load order of my drives , but like earlier stated, motherboard doesnt save settings) . At a complete loss at what to do , any help greatly appreciated.
Theses parts were added to an old build , with an 850w power supply , and 2 SSD's , and 1 HDD. The motherboard is on the most up to date version , and windows is activated as well.

Solution
Memory compatibility is bit sketchy on some 3000 CPUs. I have a 3600 that is really picky about which motherboard and memory I use. The bios’ are a little spotty at this stage as well. It sounds like your bios or motherboard might be at fault in this case. The settings not saving is a bit concerning. I’d see if there is a newer bios available. If it’s on the latest already I’d re flash it. If that doesn’t work I would reach out to the support at MSI. You may have a faulty mobo. The memory controller on the CPU might not be playin nice with the memory kit as well.

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
Memory compatibility is bit sketchy on some 3000 CPUs. I have a 3600 that is really picky about which motherboard and memory I use. The bios’ are a little spotty at this stage as well. It sounds like your bios or motherboard might be at fault in this case. The settings not saving is a bit concerning. I’d see if there is a newer bios available. If it’s on the latest already I’d re flash it. If that doesn’t work I would reach out to the support at MSI. You may have a faulty mobo. The memory controller on the CPU might not be playin nice with the memory kit as well.

Solution