[SOLVED] Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago, cant install Windows now.

AdictedGeek

Reputable
Jan 3, 2020
1 month ago i switched to ubuntu. I have 2NVME i want to install windows in one, in the other one i have ubuntu.

I download windows.iso from media creation tool and go to rufus.
GPT
UEFI(NO CSM)
FAT32
8192(by default)

motherboard:

I boot my USB with windows first, i choose my nvme in windows installation window and click next, then it says:

"cant create a partition or find a existing one"

I tried everything, i tried choosing another disk, i tried disabling CSM from bios, i tried changing from legacy to uefi only, also uefi & legacy.

What i didnt try is to disable safe mode cause i cant, it dosnt let me from motherboard.

I dont know what to do or if there is any log file to know whats going on

I also try to install it in my current nvme, the one where i have ubuntu, so it cant be a hardware issue cause disks works fine.

I dont know what more to try.

I also did go to gparted, create gpt and ntfs/fat32(tried with both) and nothing worked.

Solution
is the nvme blank you are trying to install onto?
I also try to install it in my current nvme, the one where i have ubuntu, so it cant be a hardware issue cause disks works fine.
you got same error on both drives?
can you create partitions on the nvme while in ubuntu? just to confirm its not nvme.

do you have newest bios on motherboard?

try making a new installer on another USB?

try this
Boot from installer
On screen after language choice, pick repair pc, not install
Pick troubleshoot
Pick advanced
Pick Command Prompt
Type diskpart and press enter
Type list disk and press enter
This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe

If Disk 1 is the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
is the nvme blank you are trying to install onto?
you got same error on both drives?
can you create partitions on the nvme while in ubuntu? just to confirm its not nvme.

do you have newest bios on motherboard?

try making a new installer on another USB?

try this
Boot from installer
On screen after language choice, pick repair pc, not install
Pick troubleshoot
Pick advanced
Pick Command Prompt
Type diskpart and press enter
Type list disk and press enter
This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe

If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected
Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.
Once you sure its right disk, type Clean and press enter
disk 1 create partition primary
disk 1 active
disk 1 format fs=ntfs quick
disk 1 assign
Enter exit in order to close Command Prompt.
Start the installation process again.

sometimes its a little odd when it comes to blank drives, you will need to delete the partitions it created anyway to install win 10.

Solution