Switching between open Excel workbooks using alt + tab

I formerly used alt + tab to switch between open excel files.

Alt + tab displays a preview of the workbook, however when I release the
keys the most recent excel file is opened, not the one that is diplayed.

Is there a setting that I can change to re-activate this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, JH.

Have you tried the Excel discussion groups?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"JH Palmer" <JHPalmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I formerly used alt + tab to switch between open excel files.
>
> Alt + tab displays a preview of the workbook, however when I release the
> keys the most recent excel file is opened, not the one that is diplayed.
>
> Is there a setting that I can change to re-activate this?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Hi R.C.

I thought it was more of an operating system issue, than an Excel issue, but
I just posted the question on the Excel forum too.

JH Palmer, CMA (Canadian version of CPA)

JH Palmer wrote:

> I formerly used alt + tab to switch between open excel files.
>
> Alt + tab displays a preview of the workbook, however when I release the
> keys the most recent excel file is opened, not the one that is diplayed.
>
> Is there a setting that I can change to re-activate this?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
What version of Excel? If you hold the Alt key down after hitting
the tab key it should show all of your open programs and docs.
you can then tab to the desired program or doc.

gls858