[SOLVED] Switching between two external HDMI displays with different resolutions

wkistler

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
I have an MSI GF63 8RC running Windows 10 with only one HDMI out.

Mostly I work with it attached to an LG34WL75C at 3440x1440 resolution, and it works great. Sometimes, though, I want to output to a Cintiq 13HD at 1920x1080.

I understand that I can't output to two displays simultaneously with one HDMI port, but is there a way to easily switch from one to the other?

I've tried going out from my computer into a 1x2 bi-directional switch and then from the switch to both displays. It works if I completely restart my computer, but not if I try to switch while everything's running. I've had success with https://sourceforge.net/projects/monitorswitcher/ when I switch from LG to Cintiq, but when I go back the other way, it's very hard for me to get the LG back to 3440x1440.

If anyone has a solution, I'd really appreciate it. I don't use the Cintiq much, but I'd love to be able to switch to it to illustrate something in a video call and back in a way where I don't have to interrupt the call with a restart.

Thanks

Oct 6, 2020
I have an MSI GF63 8RC running Windows 10 with only one HDMI out.

Mostly I work with it attached to an LG34WL75C at 3440x1440 resolution, and it works great. Sometimes, though, I want to output to a Cintiq 13HD at 1920x1080.

I understand that I can't output to two displays simultaneously with one HDMI port, but is there a way to easily switch from one to the other?

I've tried going out from my computer into a 1x2 bi-directional switch and then from the switch to both displays. It works if I completely restart my computer, but not if I try to switch while everything's running. I've had success with https://sourceforge.net/projects/monitorswitcher/ when I switch from LG to Cintiq, but when I go back the other way, it's very hard for me to get the LG back to 3440x1440.

If anyone has a solution, I'd really appreciate it. I don't use the Cintiq much, but I'd love to be able to switch to it to illustrate something in a video call and back in a way where I don't have to interrupt the call with a restart.

Thanks

Hi Wkistler did you do anything to get the 3440x1440 resolution? I have the gf63 but cannot get 3440 resolution?

Thanks!