Question Switching Boot Drives Causing “Preparing Automatic Repair” loop

Dec 29, 2019
I recently installed a MX500 SSD to my PC that has a 1.5 TB hard drive for Windows 10. Everything went well when I installed it. I could switch the boot from the SSD to the Hard drive after I finished. Today, I wanted to boot back to the SSD to download something. When I went into BIOS to select the SSD to boot, the system went into the “Preparing Automatic Repair” loop. I restarted and tried booting from the hard drive and it did the same thing. I tried about everything to boot my computer from the original hard drive that was working fine right before this happened. Nothing is working.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
I do not want to lose all of my files on the HDD. How do I save those files if I cannot boot?
Booting up from the SSD, the HDD will be seen as just another drive letter.
D or E probably.
Unless that drive is physically messed up.

But, you WILL run into permissions issues when trying to locate files within your /User/ locations. Documents/Video/Pictures, etc.
It can be done, but a pain.

Dec 29, 2019
When I boot up from the SSD, the resolution is not formatted correctly and Microsoft says “we can’t sign in to your account” and gives me a temporary profile.

Dec 29, 2019
So, both dries and their OS's seem to have issues.

HDD - Completely inaccessible, Either on its own or as a secondary drive from the SSD OS.
Correct?

SSD - Broken profile, at the least.
Correct?
Correct for both, except I can see my HDD in BIOS but not when booted in my SSD.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS