Switching case of premade PC difficult?

thatrandomapple

Commendable
Nov 19, 2017
So,
I have a premade PC and I am thinking about switching the case.
Because of my other topic I created I know which components I should buy and replace.
But my question is: is it difficult to switch to another case when you have NEVER build a PC?
Are there any things I should know? Some tips?

For the most part no, it is not difficult. It can be tedious, but not difficult.

The only semi-difficult part IMO is connecting the small wires from the case's front panel, such as PWR LED, HDD LED, PWR Switch, etc. You will need to know where they go on your motherboard. If your motherboard doesn't have a small diagram on the board itself, you will have to look it up in the manual.

Are you sure you don't have a proprietary motherboard that is specific to the manufacturer's case? What motherboard do you have?

thatrandomapple

Commendable
Nov 19, 2017
Oh oops forgot to say: I currently have a MSI Nightblade MI2C and speccy says my mobo is a MS-B090. I’m not sure if it’s specific to the case but the cooler and PSU are, so I will have to get a new (and better ;)) one for that.

I also don’t have manuals for the mobo etc. but I think I can find these online or something like that.