[SOLVED] Switching from a iGPU to a dedicated Gpu

UnknownID

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
Hello
I've been running on my cpu's iGpu and recently i got interested in a game so i bought a cheap gpu to add to my system to run it a little bit better and smoother. But the problem is im not sure if i know how to do it the correct way but i really want to do it myself, as im not sure if i know all the procedures i thought i'd ask here.
My understanding and how i think it should be done is that i have to install the new gpu in the motherboard and add the gpu, connect the display cable and run the PC on safe mode then delete the older iGpu drivers and install the new graphics drivers of the GPU and make the new ones main drivers and then restart the Pc on normal boot, also do i need to disable the igpu drivers or just uninstall them (if yes then kindly explain in the reply how to do it pls and thank you). I tried including all the needed procedures for this but if i forgot even the smallest detail please let me know cuz i really dont want to make any mistake on this cuz its my first time doing it myself and i dont have that much experience.
Thanks in advance for the help it's very appreciated :)

UnknownID

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
First off thanks for your reply, The video that you inked above was really helpful and was way more simple than what i thought so i guess i was right for the most part?