Switching from AMD to NVIDIA issue: Can't load windows

Jul 20, 2018
So I have a HP Pavilion and I'm wanting to switch my Dedicated Radeon HP 7450 with a Nvidia Quadro P600 and perhaps later something more powerful. I'm having trouble switching from AMD to Nvidia, as after removing the AMD drivers and using DDU to remove the remainder drivers, removing the old GPU, and inserting my new GPU, my computer gets stuck with the blue HP splash screen and also produces a beeping sound every 30 seconds or so. I can't download drivers until I have the new graphics card but I can't run Windows with it. Am I doing something wrong?

Lutfij

Titan
1| Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your prebuilt system.
2| You didn't mention the model of your prebuilt, let alone the SKU to it. Please include it.
3| How old is your system(and the PSU in it)?

Jul 20, 2018

Here's what I've gathered:

1) The BIOS version is AMI 7.09, not sure if this is the most recent or how to check that, I'll do more research
2) The model is the HP Pavilion HPE H8-1287c and after figuring out what a SKU is (this computer stuff is still new to me I apologize) 4CE22301XR (Listed as serial number, corrected me if I'm wrong, which is the same as the SKU
3)I got my computer used, so I don't know exactly how old it is. The BIOS is listed as 3/14/2012, if that helps. I'm not sure how to get the age of the PSU, but it's model number is FH-XD301MYR-1.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're unsure of the information, you can take a pic of the stickered information on the chassis and shoot it our way to determine it.

If you're on version 7.09, you have two more BIOS versions pending for update. Mind you, you should take note of which OS you're on from the drop down menu.

The 7450, you have is a rebadged 6450, which has a TDP of 18W while the P600 has https://www.pny.com/File%20Library/Support/PNY%20Products/User%20Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Quadro/Quadro-Power-Guidelines.pdfa TDP of 40W[/url. If your system operates when you replace the 7450, then it's possible that the BIOS is your limiter, since the P600 is around the time of the GTX1000 series cards being launched meaning they will not operate in an incompatible UEFI BIOS environment. (Most prebuilt system's BIOS come from the factory such that the end user isn't able to modify the hardware on the system). It could even be that the PSU is incapable of delivering the additional power to the slot powering the GPU.

I forgot to ask you what OS you're on. What OS are you working with?

Capacitor aging and physical wear and tear will cause the PSU to deliver less power than it's rated to. There is no physical way of telling how old a PSU unless you're the original owner or of the original owner was truthfully stating the age of the system and the subsequent taxation of the system.

Could you elaborate the beeps on the system? Might want to [url=https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm]cross reference the beeps with this
and this.

Jul 20, 2018

In the span of 4 minutes it beeped 9 times, the first four 25 seconds apart, the next five 33 seconds apart. The computer freezes at the HP splash screen for the first four beeps, then is black for a bit, plays the windows loading screen and then doesn't do anything else and stays there.

How do I update the BIOS?