Switching from AMD to NVIDIA issue: Can't load windows

Jul 20, 2018
So I have a HP Pavilion and I'm wanting to switch my Dedicated Radeon HP 7450 with a Nvidia Quadro P600 and perhaps later something more powerful. I'm having trouble switching from AMD to Nvidia, as after removing the AMD drivers and using DDU to remove the remainder drivers, removing the old GPU, and inserting my new GPU, my computer gets stuck with the blue HP splash screen and also produces a beeping sound every 30 seconds or so. I can't download drivers until I have the new graphics card but I can't run Windows with it. Am I doing something wrong?

Jul 20, 2018

Here's what I've gathered:

1) The BIOS version is AMI 7.09, not sure if this is the most recent or how to check that, I'll do more research
2) The model is the HP Pavilion HPE H8-1287c and after figuring out what a SKU is (this computer stuff is still new to me I apologize) 4CE22301XR (Listed as serial number, corrected me if I'm wrong, which is the same as the SKU
3)I got my computer used, so I don't know exactly how old it is. The BIOS is listed as 3/14/2012, if that helps. I'm not sure how to get the age of the PSU, but it's model number is FH-XD301MYR-1.

Lutfij

Titan
Solution
Jul 20, 2018

In the span of 4 minutes it beeped 9 times, the first four 25 seconds apart, the next five 33 seconds apart. The computer freezes at the HP splash screen for the first four beeps, then is black for a bit, plays the windows loading screen and then doesn't do anything else and stays there.

How do I update the BIOS?