Switching from Asus M5A97 R2.0 LE to Asus M5A97 R2.0

Alex_148

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
I am currently running Windows 7 with my Asus M5A97 R2.0 LE motherboard, but there is an alternate version of that board which is the same, without the LE at the end. Would I just be able to switch out the boards, or would I have to reinstall Windows?

Solution
Windows is kinda pick on this sometimes and will request that you verify the copy, but in short yes. ive swapped mobos all the time without any problems so go ahead. if windows asks for verification just message windows support, they might be difficult to work with but they get the job done

KLawinger

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
Windows is kinda pick on this sometimes and will request that you verify the copy, but in short yes. ive swapped mobos all the time without any problems so go ahead. if windows asks for verification just message windows support, they might be difficult to work with but they get the job done

Solution

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Shouldn't have to reinstall windows , very similar boards.

Same chipset , you are fine , just reactivate through automated system in windows.

Activate using the telephone

Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now. ...
Click Show me other ways to activate.
Type your Windows 7 product key, and then click Next.
Click Use the automated phone system.