Question Switching information between two SSDs

Apr 1, 2019
So I got two SSDs, 256 and 1TB, I have most of my stuff in the 256 since I got that first. I started storing useless files in the 1TB...&Now I'm running out of space in the 256. Is there a way I can swap these?
What I'm thinking is making a split on the 1TB, and transfer everything from 256 to that,
then the useless files in the 1TB to-> 256....
I'm sure that's possible I know that much but I don't know how to specifically do it. THANKS!!!
edit (if that did not make sense to you, please let me know because I really want to get this done)

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
So I got two SSDs, 256 and 1TB, I have most of my stuff in the 256 since I got that first. I started storing useless files in the 1TB...&Now I'm running out of space in the 256. Is there a way I can swap these?
What I'm thinking is making a split on the 1TB, and transfer everything from 256 to that,
then the useless files in the 1TB to-> 256....
I'm sure that's possible I know that much but I don't know how to specifically do it. THANKS!!!
edit (if that did not make sense to you, please let me know because I really want to get this done)
What, specifically, is on these two drives?

"games and stuff" is not specifically.

Apr 1, 2019
What, specifically, is on these two drives?

"games and stuff" is not specifically.
So I got pretty much everything in my 256, which is the bootdrive. And VM in the 1TB. I just don't want to reconfigure everything in that VM...
So is it possible to split my 1TB into halves? Then transfer everything from the 256GB into one of those halves. Then transfer the VM stuff into the 256, and just "unsplit" the 1TB? Also making the 1Tb the new boot drive ofc.
Thanks for the reply everyone :)

USAFRet

Titan
So I got pretty much everything in my 256, which is the bootdrive. And VM in the 1TB. I just don't want to reconfigure everything in that VM...
So is it possible to split my 1TB into halves? Then transfer everything from the 256GB into one of those halves. Then transfer the VM stuff into the 256, and just "unsplit" the 1TB? Also making the 1Tb the new boot drive ofc.
Thanks for the reply everyone :)
Way too complex and fraught with peril.

You probably just have some junk on the 256GB that can easily be moved to the 1TB, leaving the 256 as the OS drive.
A screencap from one of the above linked applications will help us see what is going on in there.

Chrushop

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
Just do a file transfer over night. It would pretty old school and unnecessary to partition drives, especially SSDs.
It was done early to late 2000s more to make large HDDs more accessible and less fragmented, or sometimes to merge HDDs into one partition, we have the luxury of not worrying about it any more