Switching loaded/modded pc games to new desktop PC

geoffp0115

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Hi,

I am planning on switching from 1 pc to another. The trouble is that I have already installed various pc games on my old PC and do not want to have to reinstall all my previous loaded pc games onto the new PC. I vaguely read of alternatives which would allow me to transfer my loaded pc games, with mods and savegames to my new PC. I don't have steam, but gog.I think I read of some way to transfer everything on the old PC to a virtual machine of some sort on the new desktop PC. Or, if I kept the hard drive with the old operating system, I might somehow just switch motherboard, psu, graphics card and intel processor chip for new, better ones, by using some sort of link? On the other hand, the latter was recommended agains for some reason.

Any ideas re doing this without problems? Thanks!

Solution
Uninstall Galaxy (make sure to delete the Galaxy folder in hidden Programdata afterwards), move the games folder over, install Galaxy and Scan and Import the new games folder. Done this several times with new Harddisks and from Desktop to Laptop and worked flawless with my games. You just have to wait like an hour for about 100 to 200 games till Galaxy builds up registry dependencies and the new Programdata folder.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/can_i_move_gog_galaxy_and_my_games_to_another_drive

that is the how, as to which drive you use, its up to you. If you have an ssd in new PC, I would put hdd in as a storage drive. Will need to delete the windows files at one stage or new PC might accidentally boot off it later on (might)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Uninstall Galaxy (make sure to delete the Galaxy folder in hidden Programdata afterwards), move the games folder over, install Galaxy and Scan and Import the new games folder. Done this several times with new Harddisks and from Desktop to Laptop and worked flawless with my games. You just have to wait like an hour for about 100 to 200 games till Galaxy builds up registry dependencies and the new Programdata folder.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/can_i_move_gog_galaxy_and_my_games_to_another_drive

that is the how, as to which drive you use, its up to you. If you have an ssd in new PC, I would put hdd in as a storage drive. Will need to delete the windows files at one stage or new PC might accidentally boot off it later on (might)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS