[SOLVED] Switching motherboads from a b450m to b450

Nov 9, 2020
Hi everyone. I was happily using Gigabyte B450M S2H with plans to upgrade to a X570 mobo in the future but due to unforseen circumstances I had to buy a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Max (which is still an upgrade but not what I was planning). Now what I wanted to ask is that will I have to reinstall win10? I know it is best to clean install win10 after hardware changes but I am under heavy work load and don't really have time for a clean install. Since the chipset is mainly the same I thought it wouldn't be much of a problem but wanted to ask anyway. Thanks in advance

Solution
Should I do something in order to prepare for the mobo switch or just let win10 do it's thing?
Trying to track down, delete, then reinstalling all the drivers manually would be ideal, but to be honest, that takes longer than reinstalling windows in most cases.

Windows is pretty good at just using the correct drivers, so you'll probably be fine.

Chipset driver is the same anyway.
Should I do something in order to prepare for the mobo switch or just let win10 do it's thing?
Trying to track down, delete, then reinstalling all the drivers manually would be ideal, but to be honest, that takes longer than reinstalling windows in most cases.

Windows is pretty good at just using the correct drivers, so you'll probably be fine.

Solution
Nov 9, 2020

Ok thanks