Question Switching new GPU

Nov 14, 2022
About a week ago, bought a new RX 6700 non XT GPU and installed it on my PC, removing my old RTX 3050, after installing the new GPU and turning on my PC, the ne GPU started working and showed on my Task Manager as GPU 0, even though when I start a game on Steam it shows GPU Usage 99%, what concerns me is that why it won't show as GPU 1?
BTW I did not use DDU just uninstalled the Nvidia drives from Control Panel and installed the new AMD Drives, should I use DDU to remove the AMD drivers and install them again, maybe the GPU show as GPU 1?

Thanks for any answers!

Lutfij

Titan
BTW I did not use DDU just uninstalled the Nvidia drives from Control Panel and installed the new AMD Drives, should I use DDU to remove the AMD drivers and install them again,
Yes. When installing your GPU drivers, after DDU, manually install in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

It'd be a good idea to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model.

Nov 14, 2022
BTW I did not use DDU just uninstalled the Nvidia drives from Control Panel and installed the new AMD Drives, should I use DDU to remove the AMD drivers and install them again,
Yes. When installing your GPU drivers, after DDU, manually install in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

It'd be a good idea to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX II
Ram: G.Skills Ripjaws V RAMDDR4 3600 32GB (2x16)
SSD/HDD: Disk SSD Kingston Now A400 - 480GB and SSD Kingston Now A400 - 240GB
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 (non XT)
PSU: Be quiet! Pure Power 11 - 700W, its 8-9 months old
Chassis: Signum SG1X TG RGB
Monitor: Monitor Samsung 27RG50 - LED 27'' - 240Hz

Reactions: Rexer
Nov 19, 2022
Before you installed the new gpu you should have used DDU there's even an option made for who is switching gpu's.

Showing GPU 0 is normal, mine is the same. If you have two disks it will show disk 0 and disk 1.

Use DDU in safe mode to unninstall both nvidia and amd drivers then restart and install amd drivers again.