Question Switching SATA 0 to SATA1?

I tooth

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
I have my SSD with O.S. on it plugged into SATA1 (Disk Manager says it is Disk 1)

I have my two HDDs configured in RAID1 plugged into SATA0 (Disk Manager says it is Disk 0)

Both work fine, but I want to know can I physically reverse the SATA cables to get the SSD to be Disk 0 and the RAID 1 HDDs to be Disk 1?

Will this mess the drives up? If so why?

I am running Windows 10 Pro, MB is ASUS Rampage IV Extreme, 64 RAM, i7-3970X processor

USAFRet

Titan
I have my SSD with O.S. on it plugged into SATA1 (Disk Manager says it is Disk 1)

I have my two HDDs configured in RAID1 plugged into SATA0 (Disk Manager says it is Disk 0)

Both work fine, but I want to know can I physically reverse the SATA cables to get the SSD to be Disk 0 and the RAID 1 HDDs to be Disk 1?

Will this mess the drives up? If so why?

I am running Windows 10 Pro, MB is ASUS Rampage IV Extreme, 64 RAM, i7-3970X processor
You can't have 2 HDD RAID 1 connected to the same SATA port.
DM may show it as that, but they are in 2 ports.

Can you switch these around? Maybe.
But why? Makes no difference performancewise.

I know I like my C drive connected to the lowest number SATA port, but I'm not going to obsess over it.

If you have a known good backup of the RAID 1, then try it. It will probably work.
But only if you have that backup.

I tooth

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2014
Yes you are right each HDD is connected to a separate SATA port. I know by tradition OS is put on Disk 0. I was just seeing if anyone actual tried what I am asking.

Yes I have Backup

USAFRet

Titan
Yes you are right each HDD is connected to a separate SATA port. I know by tradition OS is put on Disk 0. I was just seeing if anyone actual tried what I am asking.

Yes I have Backup
Unlikely anyone has your exact config.

Unknown motherboard
Unknown RAID controller (via the motherboard?)

Know how to recover from your backup.
Try it. See what happens.
It will probably be OK.