Switching to dedicated gpu from on board gpu

aurimasotaku225

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Hi,

I've just purchased a new gaming pc, and after playing a few games I've realized that my fps is a lot lower than it should be, and when I played Skyrim, it showed that the only available gpu is the integrated intel one, however I have a radeon rx 460(at least that's what it says in device manager> display adapters) and I want to switch to it. I've looked to other threads for help but they've all been needing help with a laptop, and I'm on a PC. So, I ask you this, how do I switch to my dedicated gpu from my integrated one? I've heard I do it from BIOS but I want to make sure and what to do after I switch to it, and is it that simple? I've heard that I also need to switch ports or something after I do it. Any information is welcome.

Thanks

Your bios SHOULD auto make your dedicated GPU and primary, but if it was manually set to use integrated then it would not use the primary GPU.

Did you plug the power wires into the GPU.
Which then leads to my next question of what power supply do you have? Cheap budget-rate PSU might not be up to the task.