[SOLVED] Switching to new dongle adapter

Jan 19, 2019
I want to switch for my old adapter TL WN 422N to TL WN 722N. Do i need to remove 422n driver first before plug in and installing 722n driver ? Or i just can plug in and install 722n driver and good to go without removing 422n driver ?

Solution
I am not sure what a 422n is but.

Windows is pretty smart most the time and will just handle this for you but sometimes it is very stupid and can make a big mess so I tend to always remove stuff manually.

Even between different hardware revisions of the 722n you need different drivers because they have used different chipsets over the years. Windows does not look at the part name on the outside it talks to the radio chip and gets the part number for the chip. It then uses that information to select the correct driver. You want to always force windows to use the driver the manufacture provides do not let it search the internet for it.
I am not sure what a 422n is but.

Windows is pretty smart most the time and will just handle this for you but sometimes it is very stupid and can make a big mess so I tend to always remove stuff manually.

Even between different hardware revisions of the 722n you need different drivers because they have used different chipsets over the years. Windows does not look at the part name on the outside it talks to the radio chip and gets the part number for the chip. It then uses that information to select the correct driver. You want to always force windows to use the driver the manufacture provides do not let it search the internet for it.

Solution