Syber Reveals Steam Machine Lineup At GDC 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
GAH! So ugly.

Like the comments I made in the Nvidia Shield thread - why? Why ruin your beautiful gaming experience by playing them on a TV? I fail to see the advantage here. If you are buying Steam games then one must assume you have a gaming rig and therefore why buy another rig to play games on a TV that will be laggy, blurry, and overall just plain nasty compared to a top-quality gaming monitor?

If you must spend $500 on something - go buy a monitor! Heck there are plenty of excellent gaming monitors in that price range that will blow away any TV gaming experience.

I just don't understand this stream to TV craze for gaming - I must be really stuck on quality images.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
One more ranty comment - why are we segmenting the computer market down to this level? Why are we getting suckered into this crap? From the article: "Performance is expected to be high, given that SteamOS won't have all the background services eating up system resources as seen on Windows-based systems."

HUH??? Really? For $1400 bucks (the STARTING price of the nasty orange and black model mind you) you can build a killer gaming rig and never have to worry about background services (see Tom's own system builder marathon). Moreover, that rig will do OTHER things - wow what a concept.

I suppose I will start a company to start offering word processing rigs, spreadsheet rigs, database rigs. Rigs that are meant to do only one thing as to avoid all those nasty background services . Who needs an all-in-one rig that can do everything amazingly well? Nope, not me. I must have a rig for every specific activity I do! The Steam machine craze is absolutely absurd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.