bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
I want to by 2X512 DDR2/800 Sycron memory.

I have the following config:

MB: Nforce570 AM2
CPU: Athlon 64 3500+ Orleans
Is the Sycron memoy any good or should i go for much expensiver ram from Gingmax or Geil (almost double the price)

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
I wouldnt buy it, get the Cosair Value stuff or geil value series stuff. I have never heard of the brand you talk about.

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
The cosair if you get a good stick and up the voltage a little ive heard you can even overclock to 215 if your lucky maybe lil more. I personaly perfer the ballistx and ocz gold series stuff.

The OCZ gold series is better i think even then samsungs TCCD (out of production) Ocz makes some crazy sh!t. My ballistx ram has less bandwidth then the ocz i had before so i would say go with the ocz value or the highend ocz stuff.

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
trust me, i've searched the entire net for the manufacturer's web page and i couldn' find it, i still went for Sycron cauze they give 5 years warantee.

Mondoman

Splendid
Stay away from the Corsair ValueSelect. They contract it out to the cheapest bidder, so what you actually get under the same part number changes all the time; they've also got high RMA rates. Kingston makes a good "value" line.