Symetium Is A 6 GB RAM, Snapdragon 820-Powered 'Smartphone PC'

Status
Not open for further replies.

hr_sto

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
why not a x86-64? Otherwise, it's about time someone does this. Office needs for lots of people will be more than met with such a thing...

Funny thing is that Windows Phone 10 will already do this and be out before this phone. In fact I would prefer it over this only because I can link my Windows 10 accounts and have settings and apps copied across the devices.

Of course we have to wait and see the hardware behind those but it will be interesting to see.

segin

Reputable
Sep 29, 2015
Why should it come with an x86-64 processor? What Android application (and yes, fuck Windows, go Android) would benefit with x86-64 over AArch64?

Manoj_

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Good news... All features are awesome..but my suggestion if rare and front camera 42.2/8 mp then all mobile company be failure against "SYMETIUM".
M waiting for launching. Thnx
Manoj pareek.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Pricing is way too high, somehow I am skeptical about packing 4000 mAh battery in that casing. It also seems that a chin with a start batten is a little to thin & that it could case problems in use. Otherwise it looks nice. We will see what will KDA bring (from apps) in 2016 to Android. Slowly but certainly we are getting to the part when mobile (phone ment) SoC's are getting powerful enough to run more than satisfactory full desktop OS-es (X9, S820). It's time that both hardware manufacturers & software developers turn more to specific accelerators use (DSP's, FPGA's, GPU's...) so that we can do everything on a mobile SoC. I am certain future of this transition will be more than interesting).

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Adding more RAM doesn't really help anything, it's still running Android so the apps will be written for typical Android phones and it's got a phone SoC so it will perform like a phone. It's a nice idea, but the implementation is a bit lacking. I think we might be at least a few years from realizing the dream of a true "Smartphone PC".

Status
Not open for further replies.