Discussion Synaptics smart hd audio driver causing problem

DibyaAdhikari5

Honorable
May 27, 2013
Hello, i have lenovo flex 11 model laptop and recently i updated win10 then somehow this synaptics smarthd audio driver was installed, before i had default high definition audio driver. i tries to uninstall synaptics but it automatically re installs after windows restart. This driver automatically adjusts my speaker volume to low and it also makes my microphone not be able to record voice or in very low volume in 3rd party application like chrome (using facebook). This has been really troublesome and i want to uninstall this driver. i have used various tips to correct this myself:
  1. i used the enhancement settings in speaker properties and check the loudness equalizer. this seems to solve the speaker problem. But there are no any such options for Microphone.
  2. i tried uninstalling from device manager, but it reinstall itself and there is no uninstall option in add/remove programs feature.
  3. i installed realtek hd driver and then uninstall synaptics in hoping realtek would override but this also doesnt work.
  4. i have updated the synaptics driver to its latest but it doesnt seem to work.
I need solutions for this problem. i can manage the speaker hassle but i need help for the microphone issues or need to uninstall this driver.

DibyaAdhikari5

Honorable
May 27, 2013
I'd check the Lenovo website for a driver. If that doesn't help, try the Realtek web site. MS sometimes installs generic drivers that don't enable all the functions of the device.
i did, like i said in no 3 i downloaded hd driver from lenovo website but my problem is this synaptics driver doesnt uninstall.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS